Subject: Registration of new MIME content-type/subtype

From: lindner&mudhoney.micro.umn.edu (Paul Lindner)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 93 16:15:26 CDT

MIME type name: video
MIME subtype name: quicktime

Required parameters: none

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: Quicktime movies are binary data.  Transports
  that do not support binary streams should enocode the data
  appropriately.  Movies should be encoded as a single-fork movie file
  to facilitate transfer to non-macintosh platforms.

Security considerations: None

Published specification: 

 Quicktime for Macintosh Documentation Kit v1.6  R0455LL/B  $50
 in the Chapter "QuickTime Movie Resource Format" (18pp)

   or 

 Inside Macintosh: Quicktime TO563LL/A  $29.95

 Apple Computer Inc.
 Apple Programmers and Developers Association
 P.O. Box 319
 Buffalo, New York 14207-0319
 1-800-282-2732
 APDA&applelink.apple.com

Contact-info: gopher&boombox.micro.umn.edu

-- 
 | Paul Lindner | lindner&boombox.micro.umn.edu   | Slipping into madness
 |              | Computer & Information Services | is good for the sake
 | Gophermaster | University of Minnesota         | of comparison.
///// / / /    /////// / / / /  /  /  /   /      //// / / / /  /  /  /   /