Subject: Registration of new MIME content-type/subtype

From: lindner&mudhoney.micro.umn.edu (Paul Lindner)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 93 14:44:18 CDT

MIME type name: text
MIME subtype name: rtf

Required parameters: none

Optional paramters: none

Encoding Considerations:

  RTF allows one to include files that reside on a local disk.  Use of
  this is forbidden.  All images must be inline.

  RTF uses only 7 bits per octet.

  RTF specifies it's own character set internally, thus character set
  codes are redundant.

Security Considerations:

  RTF does not contain a method of writing data to a users filesystem,
  thus it is a safe method of transmitting files.

Published Specification:

  ftp://indri.primate.wisc.edu/pub/RTF/RTF-Spec.rtf or
  ftp://indri.primate.wisc.edu/pub/RTF/RTF-Spec.hqx 

-- 
 | Paul Lindner | lindner&boombox.micro.umn.edu   | Slipping into madness
 |              | Computer & Information Services | is good for the sake
 | Gophermaster | University of Minnesota         | of comparison.
///// / / /    /////// / / / /  /  /  /   /      //// / / / /  /  /  /   /